If you’ve never tried Nutella, that rich, sweet spread made of chocolate and hazelnuts, do yourself a favor and go buy some. There’s a reason Nutella is so popular these days – it’s delicious. Having never actually baked with it before, I decided it was time to jump on the Nutella train and whip something up. Cookies are often the least labor intensive choice when it comes to baking, so I went with a simple and tasty sounding Nutella chocolate chip cookie recipe. I’m pleased to report that they're every bit as good as they look, so check it out and bake up a batch of your own!
Recipe adapted from Al.com
Active Prep Time: About 15 minutes
Total Prep Time: About 35 minutes (Depending on whether or not you bake batches separately)
Special Equipment: Stand Mixer
Makes: 30 – 35 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup Nutella
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF and prep baking sheets with silpats or parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, the sugar, and the brown sugar.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla and continue mixing on low speed until combined.
5. Gradually pour in the flour until the mixture is combined.
5. Stir in Nutella, then add in the chocolate chips.
6. Use ice cream scoop and drop on baking sheets.
7. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then transfer cookies to a rack to cool completely.